Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sorry, I'm Not Sorry... Bullying is NEVER Okay.

Earlier today, my family and I went to the mall to have some family time, taking advantage of the holiday (Eid al-Adha). We were also looking for costumes so the kids could have something to wear when they go trick or treating. By the time we were done, my hubby and I thought of grabbing something to eat at McDonalds.

After eating, my four-year-old daughter, Renee, asked us if she could play at the fast food's play area. Since she's already done with her meal, we let her played for a bit so we could rest a bit from taking care of the kids and for her to enjoy McDonald's free play place. We sat near the play area in case of a commotion.

A while later, the kids became sooo rowdy and my kid's reaction was to ask her new-found playmates if they could use their "inside voice" so that the people around them wouldn't be disturbed. One of the kids was not happy about Renee's request. The six-year-old-looking-boy kept on following my kid, shouting at her. My kid kept walking away from him, but he followed her. Renee stopped. The kid suddenly held my kids neck! WHAT THE EFF?!


My husband and I were shocked, and our reaction was to get his attention. We both shouted at him,"HEY!", so he would leave our daughter alone. I called out my kid and in the process, I was also lecturing the little boy. I said, "Sasakalin mo anak ko?! San mo natutunan yan?! (You're going to choke my daughter? Where did you learn that?!)"

My reaction to the situation caught another father's attention. He called one of the play area kids (his daughter, I assume), and told her that they'll be leaving. I noticed that earlier, he also made another girl (about his age) cry. What is wrong with you, kid?

Look, kid, I'm sorry if something mean happened to you when you were younger, that has caused you to be all aggro towards other people. But pick on somebody your own size! You're lucky that the Aryanne you encountered there was not the old version. If that were the old me, I would have dragged you to where the hell your parents were seated and I would lecture you about aggression and picking on smaller children. How dare you, you little prick?!

To his parents, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU? I called on your son and told him off with a loud voice, so I could also get your attention. You weren't there. I was hoping for a parental showdown of some sort with you people earlier. No one came. No parents, no guardian, not even a yaya (nanny)!

I may have embarrassed him by telling him off in public, knowing that he's not my kid, but I am not sorry that I protected my four-year-old daughter from your six-year-old (seven-ish) son, who was about to choke her.

Sorry, I am not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment