Saturday, September 7, 2013

29 Things You Need to Know About Me



For Bebengisms Birthday Cyber Party


A domestic queen I know, has just turned 29 a few days back and her little princess is turning 5 soon (they celebrate the same birth month!). She is the woman behind the super-kikay and very fun to read (and informative) mommy blog, Bebengisms.com. Believe me, she almost hasn't changed a bit since the last time I saw her back in high school! I remember I got a grad photo from her back then with a dedication. I was suppose to post it, when I realize that most of my high school memories were taken that fateful day that Ondoy flooded almost the whole metro. :(

I have been an avid reader of her blog. It's just so exciting to read and very relatable, especially to stay-at-home-mothers just like me. You see, she's almost my age. We went to the same high school (she's a year ahead of me) and with her blog, I realized that we share many common mommy moments. Our kids--her little Pia and my first-born, Renee are almost the same age. Both talk as if they're grown-ups trapped inside some pre-schooler's body. We both had to hold up the fort while the men of our households are away (though, hands-down, she's way better in this part. Her hubby's a military man and is working outside of the metro, and she's THE man--er woman of the house while he's out). Oh and did I mention that she's a fellow Somerholic??? Hihihi.

Anyhoos, since she's celebrating her 29th, I wanna share with you 29 things about me... and 5 things about each of my darling princesses.

Let's start with me first.

Two-kid carry. One of my daily "amazona" tasks. Haha!

1. I was a premature baby, born 8 months.
2. I was told I only lasted about an hour in the incubator because the nurses feared that I might kick the wirings inside the incubator.
3. I'm a quarter Spanish (maternal grandmother), a quarter Chinese (maternal grandfather), and half (and proud!) Filipino.
4. I came from a military family--both grandfathers served in the USAFFE back in WW2 and my mother is a reservist, which why...
5. I was inspired to join the Cadet Officer Candidacy Course (COCC) back in high school, and was eventually a CAT officer in my senior year. I was then a company commander.
6. I have always, ALWAYS been an animal lover.
7. I once owned 2 lovebirds, 3 dogs, 2 cats, a "dagang costa" and a tank of fishes. Believe it or not, they were all my pets AT THE SAME TIME.
8. I was a tomboy when I was a kid, because...
9. I grew up with a bunch of guy friends--most of them are cousins. That said,
10. People once thought I was gay and were all shocked when they started seeing me with a boyfriend.
11. I used to smoke and drink until I completely stopped back in 2006. Never took a puff nor sip ever since.
12. I taught myself to play the guitar and piano.
13. I'm an insomniac.
14. I'm a coffee lover.
15. Since I was a kid, I always name my pets with people's names because I just want to see their reaction when they realize that I'm talking about our pets. It's only now that I started naming them with cartoon characters' names because my kid told me so. Haha!
16. I used to be in a band... BUT 
17. Before I got in a band, I was once a choir girl.
18. I once aspired to become an actress (don't we all do???).
19. I love, LOVE drawing.
20. I met my husband through a then-officemate. That guy is now my brother-in-law, who is also my husband's bandmate since the beginning of time.
21. I'm a big fan of TV series and rock music.
22. I have a crazy photographic memory.
23. Though I seem to be a toughie, I am such a cryer too.
24. I look like my brother's fiancee. People tend to think she's my sibling, not my lil bro. Hahaha!
25. I usually cut my own hair, and my kids' and hubby's. (Last time I was in a salon was back in January, after four long years of just cutting it myself. And now, I am back to trimming it by myself again! Real-life version of Zohan. Haha!) 
26. I haven't had a salon mani-pedi in years, in the fear of having a murdered cuticle again (I always come home with an injured toe, no matter who/where I get a mani-pedi from).
27. If you haven't seen my blog yet, or haven't seen my Facebook photos, you should know that I looooove cooking!
28. Due to some medical issues I had years ago, I didn't really expect I'll have kids. Am I lucky or what? :)
29. The best--and craziest job I have ever had is being a MOMMY. :)



Now, to my kiddies:

Me and my mini-me, Renee.

Renee:

1. Ren was born via c-section back in March 2009. The first grandchild on both sides--mine and my husband's. She's named Renee Angeli. Renee meaning reborn (French) and Angeli, (variation of "Angel", heaven's messenger). She was given the second name as a tribute to a sibling we lost, when my mother suffered a miscarriage back when I was in high school.
2. Renee would rather eat monggo, fish and seafoods, than have hotdogs and spaghetti.
3. She skipped Nursery when she applied for school this year, and was accepted Kinder 2 at a Catholic School in Marikina. Unfortunately, due to our plans of migrating, she had to skip this year. Kids in Canada go to school at age 5.
4. Unlike most kids, Renee is fascinated by movies like Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, and The Phantom of the Opera.
5. When we go out, people often speak to her in English, thinking she's Korean or Chinese.


Me and my little Allie-pot.

Allie:

1. Allie was a breech baby (suhi), and was delivered via c-section last year, May 2012. She was given the name Rachel (meaning lamb) and second name Allison (meaning noble one).
2. Allie started walking at exactly one year old. She took her first steps just last May, her birth month.
3. Her first word was "de-de" (milk)... not "Ma-ma" nor "Da-da".
4. She's been exclusively breastfed since birth.
5. She loves to play with our four cats. Takes after Mommy. :)


Soooo that's it. I know. It's suuuuuuuper long eh? I think this is like the first time I have ever opened up about myself in cyberspace. Well, yea, aside from my blog, this is THE first time ever that I have told the world things about me that only few people know. It actually felt pretty good, and I owe it all to you, Ate Denise!

Belated happy birthday, Ate Denise. Again. Hehe! And advance happy birthday to your little Bebeng, pretty little Sophia.

Cheers to more good reads at Bebengisms! :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't dare post that HS grad pic and I'll disqualify you. Haha! Anyway, you got awesome story-telling skills, continue writing/blogging. :)

    Love your kids' names, I sensed Hollywood and US TV shows. ;)

    Thanks for joining! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Nah, it's gone. I have this box of hs photos before (including grad photos of you, Ate Bingle, Ate Carissa, etc. Inanod nga lang ni Ondoy. :(

    Wow. Thank you. Yes, I promise I'll write more. :)

    Lol at the Hollywood part. That's what Renee used to tell me. She wants to go to "Haaa-lee-wood". I sure hope so. Or if they could be a doctor. Or a pilot. Ah well. Bahala sila! Haha!

    ReplyDelete