Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Lucky September

To some, September is like "hell month". But I beg to differ. September 2013 has been very kind to me. I just couldn't contain myself, that I just had to share the experience with you all. :)

This month was just... awesome. I couldn't describe it any other way.

I won! 

First of all, I won Bebengisms.com's Birthday Cyber Party. I got tons of giveaways that my four-year-old was sooooo giddy to see our table full of cool stuff.

Told you she was so giddy!

Renee's achievement.

Since I have been homeschooling my four-year-old, Renee, I have been given the task to teach my child her ABCs, math, writing, reading, and even science. I have started teaching her stuff back in January and am proud to say that she has progressed pretty well for a homeschooled child.

She has finally learned as much as basic two-digit addition and subtraction, how to read, how to write, the colors of the rainbow, shapes and polygons, traffic colors (traffic signals and "walk"/"don't walk" signs), and things about the human body. Oh and the piano as well, since her father's a musician, I thought it'd be fitting to start her up with piano. Not bad eh?

CVC words, phonemes and simple addition/subtraction.

Teeny hands playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb".
(I labeled the keyboard so she could remember the keys.
It works!)


The long wait is over.

As I have told you before, my husband and I have decided to move to Canada for good. A couple of weeks back, we finally received our family's Canadian visa. We will be moving to the great White North by spring next year, thanks to my uncle (mom's bro) who was gracious enough to sponsor my family so we can move there.

Destination: The Great White North

We have been waiting for this moment since that day we sent our papers back October last year. And now, it's finally here! It's bittersweet, though. I mean, we will be leaving our lives here to start a new one in a strange country. We'll be leaving our families behind--our siblings and parents, friends and relatives. All that to start anew across the globe. But then again, our plan is to eventually bring the whole family there anyway. At least, this is the start, yes?

Our future there still seems bleak. No idea of what's gonna happen. I mean, we sure have a Plan A and a Plan B. But we all know things don't always turn out as planned. Chances are, we might come up with new plans when we get there. Ah well, as they say, we'll cross that bridge when we finally get there.

For now, I guess, we'll just keep on hoping for the best. Until that day we fly to the land of bacon and maple syrup--no not milk and honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment