Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Lazy Corn Cupcakes

I have been under the weather lately and has been pretty sluggish in doing stuff at home. Renee asked me if I could make her corn cupcakes.

Since I have been suffering from asthma and super heavy colds since last Monday, I can barely breathe. I had to make a lazy version for the meantime and not something from scratch. That said, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but thank you, Sharon Cuneta! Haha!

Yes, I made a "lazy cupcakes" using Sharon's cupcake mix, corn kernels and cheese.



Here's how I made them:

Ingredients:

2 x 200g packs of Celebrations by Sharon Party Cupcake Mix
1 x 425g can of Corn Kernels (I used SM Bonus' kernels. I got them free at a yellow tag promo pack at SM. I don't know what to do with them until now. Haha!)
1/3 cup cheese
1 cup milk (instead of water)
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs

1. Drain the can of corn kernels. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, cheese and milk until frothy. Add the melted butter and cupcake mix until smooth, without lumps.
3. Fold corn kernels in the mixture.
4. Cook as per package instructions:
 - Preheat oven at 350 F/ 177 C
 - Line cupcake molds with liners.
 - Fill up cupcake tins until 3/4 full.
 - Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done.
 - Once cooked, set aside and cool.

OR if using stove & steamer:
 - Boil water in steamer.
 - Steam for 10 minutes or until done.
 - Once done, set aside and cool.


Makes about 20-24 medium sized cupcakes. Aaaand there you go! Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment