Thursday, April 25, 2013

Homemade Playdough Project

Yesterday, my 4yo daughter asked me if we could buy her more Play-Doh. Even drew it's logo on a paper to show me how badly she wants it. Take note that she just started to learn writing last January so yes, this is a big deal for her to write something like that!


So I said yes at first. Later that night, I realized, why not make our own instead? A mommy-and-me project opportunity, yes?

This morning, got up early and prepped the materials. After breakfast, I told her that we'll make our own DIY playdough. The little angel was ecstatic! Below are the materials and instructions.

Materials

1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
Food coloring
Saucepan
1 cup flour

Directions

1. Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
2. Remove from heat and add flour.
Stir, then knead until smooth. (The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so DO NOT omit this ingredient if you don't have it on hand. That way, you don't have to make tons of it all the time.)
3. Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.


I doubled the ingredients (2 cups of flour, etc.) so we can make lots of colored playdoughs. We made 6 colors total. The little lady's so excited, she's not talking to anyone right now. Too busy making her playdough pizza, she's ignoring us. Hahaha!

Anyhoos, enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment