Sunday, April 28, 2013

Banay-nay Monday

Hello first day of the work week. It's another Manic Monday, for all of us domestic divas... Another week of cray-cray and chaos in our household, with just us moms to hold the fort, while the working poppas are away.

This morning, my eldest asked me if I could make banana muffins for them, after seeing the bananas on our table are starting to over-ripe. I think she's starting to get used to my habit of making over-ripe bananas into cakes. I'm not the type who wants things to go to waste. Anyhoos, she asked me if this time I could make it a bit "browner". That means, she wants it chocolatier than my usual.

Now, this momma's feeling a bit lazy today to start from scratch, so I "cheated" using Sharon's Banana Cake mix, tweaking the recipe a bit to fit the kids' taste a bit... KIDS, meaning even the MIL and the big kiddo at the office--my hubby. Teehee!

What makes up my "lazy" banana bread.

Here's my "lazy" banana bread recipe:

2 packs Sharon's Banana Cake Mix (200g box)
1/2 cup milk (Sharon's version needs water, I want it creamier)
6 tbsp oil (or melted butter)
2 medium eggs
2/3 ripe mashed bananas
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Goya Unsweetened Cocoa Powder)
5 tbsp sugar
1 cup chocolate chips; dusted with flour

1. Sift together all dry ingredients--cake mix, sugar and cocoa powder.
2. Mix with eggs, milk and oil until there are no more lumps.
3. Throw in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
4. Line muffin tins with cupcake wrapper or loaf pan with aluminum foil, shiny part side down.
5. Pour batter, filling in 3/4 of the tin.
6. If using oven, pre-heat oven at 375 deg. Fahrenheit. Pop cakes in oven for 20-30 minutes or until done. If using stove and steamer, boil water in steamer and place tins on steamer rack. Line the steamer top with cheese cloth or a clean towel. Cover steamer and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Cool cupcakes and enjoy.


***Quick tip: Dust chocolate chips with flour to keep chips from settling at the bottom of the muffin tins/ loaf pan. Also, if you have just recently removed the price sticker on the muffin tins and there's this sticky residue from the sticker, line it with a small aluminum foil to avoid the wrapper from sticking to the tin mold.

Nomnoms!!!

My 4 y/o and 11-month-old daughters love it! So does my child-at-heart husband, even bringing some of them to work (yes, like a preschooler with his own "baon"), sharing it with his awesome work friends, who are always excited whenever he brings baon to work. Haha!

Hope you guys enjoy it too. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment