Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Haiyan Aftermath

Hello all.

I haven't been writing for a few days now as I am looking for my relatives who were victims of the past typhoon. As you all know, our country was hit by Monster Typhoon Haiyan (locally called Yolanda). If you haven't seen the news, thousands of homes were wrecked by this Category 5 Frankenstorm. Families perished, children orphaned, parents lost their children, spouses widowed, crops destroyed... everything in chaos.

Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda), viewed from the International
Space Station (Source: AFP/Getty Images)

Aerial view of the massive destruction in the province of Samar, Philippines
(Source: Reuters)

Taclobanons (Tacloban City, Leyte residents) surveying the ruins
(Source: AP)
Though here in Manila and most parts of Luzon weren't hit by this freak of a storm, the central part of the country was badly devastated by it. Because of this, I appeal to you all. To those who could help our countrymen, please send your donations to Red Cross, or to charity groups helping out in this cause. It doesn't matter if you choose to donate in cash, in kind, or even yourselves as volunteers--as long as you can help.

Also, I wrote this to take the opportunity to find my relatives. She and her family are residents of Tacloban City, one of the most badly hit places here by that wretched typhoon. She, along with my cousins, Joyce and Patrick, as well as Patrick's wife, Mae, and their kids, Rhylenne and Russel, are living in Kassel Homes in Tacloban. Since the storm made landfall, we have no word yet about their current location. We don't know if they have evacuated or not. We have no idea as well on how they are doing at the moment--if they have food to eat, if they still have clothes to wear, if their home is still intact, and most important of all, if they are all safe.

I am posting their photos here, and ask you all if anyone (especially those who went to medical missions in Tacloban just recently) have seen them. I have tried Facebook, Google's Person Finder, etc., and am now trying my luck here too. Anyway, here are their names, ages and photos.


My aunt, Miraflor Cruz, 58 yo


My cousin, Joyce Carol Cruz, 24 yo


My cousin, Patrick Anthony Roca, 27 yo, his wife, Mae Richell Loyola-Roca, 27 yo,
daughter Rhylenne Keizhia, 5 yo, and son, Steven Russel, 4mos.


In case you have any information about them, please let me know through my email: shockingina<at>gmail<dot>com

Please, no spams, chain bullshit mails or whatever. I need help, not junk mail. If you are in my position, you will understand my point.

Anyhoos, thank you for your kind sympathies for my country, by the way. Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment