Sunday, November 3, 2013

Back to the Old Drawing Board!

I started drawing again. It has been one of my oldest passions aside from music. I remember when I was in first grade, my father drew a picture of the Sto. NiƱo for my school project. I have always look up to him for being so artistic. He never draw portraits a lot, but when he do, it's always awesome.

Anyway, I stopped drawing back in college due to my crazy law subjects. I was a Public Administration student and I was pretty busy when I was in my third/fourth year. A couple months after graduating, I started working at a call center and had to press pause on music and art. Since then, I haven't done anything art-related... until recently.

One of my first pieces, years after I stopped drawing.
Here's a few that I made a few nights back.
Insomnia gets the best out of me, I guess. Haha!

So yea, I started practicing again--my family as my muse. I started out with mu husband, then the kids. I have never felt so great. For me, it's just like gardening and playing the guitar. This thing excites and calms me, both at the same time. And just like riding a bike, not drawing for far too long (about ten years, actually) does not make you un-learn these things. You just get rusty, BUT you will never forget how to do it.

Happy Allie. :)

Ate Renee and her shiny hair. Hihi!

How about you guys? Any passion you stopped doing that you wish to start pursuing again?

No comments:

Post a Comment